#Roller Coaster Journey Towards GCIT

 Just like all my other friends, I too got really excited for my college life. Yayyy! Finally! College! I'm an adult now! New Friends! New Place! 


                                                              Picture Courtesy: Picasa

It was a big fat yes for me before I  actually came to the college. However, just the day before I came to college, I cried my heart and soul out because I didn't want to leave home. I still remember how I cried the whole night and had my eyes swollen because the thought of leaving home for a semester to such a far place where I have never been was quite sad.   

This is the first time that I have ever been to Mongar! And also, I have never been this far from my family, that is why I had a tough time adjusting even though I have stayed as a hotelier last year . I really cried a lot after reaching here at college. Constant phone calls and videos calls with my parents would always make me want to go back home. I am not saying I miss home because I don't like it here, it's just that I'm too much dependent on my parents with regard to anything so I really feel incomplete and lost without them. I always discuss with them about each and every details and they have always been there to hear me out whenever I needed their ears and also provided me soft shoulders to lean on.

I am a very emotional person, emotional in essence, not just about being sad but even if I am so happy, you'd know about it right away from my facial expression! I don't hide my feelings and I have to pour out everything in front of others, even if it was a bad thing(this is something I think I need to change about myself). I'm not a very pampered child, but I am also nothing without my parents. My life is completely dependent on them and I have been told by my relatives and friends to try to be independent. Yes, I'm trying to do that but I don't want to do that at the same time because being independent means I'm distancing myself from my parents, which I would never want to do. Ever since I joined college, there has never been a single day that I didn't chat or call them. I have to call them everyday, and narrate everything that happened to me in one day. Even if I forget to call sometimes, they would call me because just like how incomplete I feel when I don't talk with them, I feel they too feel the same thing. The worst thing is that I need to make my own decisions which I'm not very confident enough. After reaching here, I did a lot of SUPWs  that I never much did at home. I did so many unusual things here, I played basketball for the first time and that was crazy.

Personally, I feel that the modules that we are learning right now are tough for me because already I am having a tough time adjusting college life. I feel like I'm pressuring my dad too much because he helps me a lot with my modules and he would always message me to tell him anything he could do for me.

 At times, I feel like to give up, but whenever I think about all the love, faith and trust my parents have towards me, I feel like I can achieve anything in life. They always tell me not to give up simply because it's tough for me, I am trying to keep that in my mind and work accordingly. 


~lastly, I just wanted to say that my journey towards GCIT has never been easy but I'm trying my best so that I can get along with others. Also, I'm pouring out all my emotions here because I have to let others know how lucky I feel to have a parents like my parents and the only wish I have in life is to be successful by having a pure heart like them. 


Comments

  1. Really it's a very lovely blog. I could feel you a little. We shall talk about this in personal. I will come forward.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment